Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Adventure Continued...

I have to admit- I am not blogging these all along the way on our trip. I am already in California and have been for 3 days. It's just that I am now getting around to blogging. Slacker. Also my well laid plans definitely went astray when I realized that the "Welcome to (insert state name here)" signs are generally all either right above the highway or on a dangerous shoulder. So here is Samuel in Iowa, and Samuel taking a dip in the pool at the La Quinta we stayed at in Iowa.




My mom and I slogged through Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska (and yes it should be banned)- luckily mom drove through the last 2 hours of it while I slept. I received a lovely sinus infection on the way and didn't breathe through most states. I think I went through an entire jumbo box of tissues. We almost cried with relief when we arrived in Utah to visit family and friends. Luckily I was able to get some antibiotics for my lovely friend. I unfortunatley was not stellar in the picture taking area. So here are my pictures from Utah- Sarah, and Erin's arm with dogs- and pictures from my family party in Farmington.





It was so wonderful to be in Who-tah again. Not to say that I miss BYU- I just miss my friends and the fun times that we had there. I went to the BYU campus and it felt totally surreal that I even went there. Of course they waited to build the most beautiful building on campus (my major building) until after I left! Sarah, Erin and Ryan and I all went to Cafe Rio for din-din and it tasted like manna from heaven! I also haven't laughed that hard in a long time- I miss you guys!!!!! It was just so nice to be able to sit with old friends and talk like we had never lived away from each other. I am just glad that California is a whole lot closer to Utah than Connecticut! I am going back for Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

andi said...

Ohhhhh, sounds and looks like so much fun! Isn't that new building SO cool? Funny, everything was under construction while we were there and then, POOF...graduation and beautiful buildings.