Saturday, August 26, 2006

California Dreamin'....

So we are finally in California- or rather I am finally in California- I just took my mom to the airport and I am alone. I realy am pretty sad about it. Maybe there is something wrong with me that sometimes I would rather have my mom be my room mate than anyone else. But I think right now she is really is my best friend. We have become so close this year - and it was really .... REALLY hard to leave her at the airport. While she was here we were able to see the open house for the Sacramento Temple that was just built- Yeah! It is 20 minutes away from my house! And it is so beautiful- it was a really wonderful thing to see. we also went to Old Sutter Street - which is this adorable street full of antique shops and wonderful artisan stores. We found some wonderful treasures there.




But we were able to take a couple of pictures with Samuel before my mom left today. The first is of Samuel with the palm tree in my back yard- yes I HAVE A PALM TREE IN MY BACK YARD! This huge for a girl from Connecticut! and the next one is pretty self explanitory- I am now living not in Sacramento... but in Antelope California. It's a small suburb about 15 minutes Northeast of Sac. So we had to welcome Samuel to Antelope!





Hopefully I will have time in my busy schedule to keep updating this thing on my adventures in California. But for now I am happy to be here and looking forward to starting my new life in California!!!

2 comments:

andi said...

Yay for Antelope! You are totally a coast girl now- east to west. Looks nice and green. Just don't let California fall into the ocean while you are there. I would miss you something fierce!

barb said...

wow!! i am jealous. i miss you my beautiful and delctable friend. i will send you present from italy and hopefully take pictures with pastries.... or at least italian... salami??? :) keep us updated on your shenanigans!!

also see the comments section in the second to most previous post. your mom is so cute!