Saturday, October 14, 2006
I have car anxiety
This morning at 3:45 I was awakened to the sound of a car alarm going off. "My car alarm?" (I said to myself, with my heart pounding out of my chest). But I wouldn't know because i have never actually heard my alarm go a full cycle. This alarm went a full cycle and then shut off. Now I am thinking "ok did they smash my window, pop the hood and cut my battery wires?" (As I was so helpfully informed about by the guy at Circuit city who was trying to get me a buy a back up battery for my new alarm system for the nice tidy sum of 89.99) "Do they actually DO that?" I said to him. "Oh yeah in about 3 seconds flat." Thanks super helpful circuit city man with rotting teeth and cigarette breath- you have just made me pee myself everytime I hear a car alarm go off. SO back to my story- I get up, grab my keys to go check it out from my porch- (more like a cement slab, but who's picky?) Of course I cannot see my car from there- it is just ONE space away from the car that I can see- I strain over the railing, but to no avail. I decide that i have to go outside to check it out. Now of course this doesn't happen when my roommates are home so if I get attacked in the parking lot, they will hear me scream. Oh no- they are away at an Institute retreat and I am BY MYSELF. So I quietly sneak out my front door and get a look at my car- but it is still pretty far away, so I can't see it very well, and I am not walking across the dark parking lot by myself at 4 am with possible "car hoodlums" about. So I just go back inside, get back into bed and lay there WIDE awake for another 20 minutes thinking of all of the possible scenarios. I am pretty sure when i fall asleep that my car is going to be gone in the morning. Luckily it was still there, with no harm done. I think I am going to buy that backup battery. It's times like these that I wish I was married and could send the hub outside to see if the car is ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
At least it really wasn't your car again! Did you get it fixed? I can't wait until you post about what you start dreaming about at night when you have car anxiety...
the more important question is...why weren't you at the institute retreat getting all up ons your future hubby? just kidding, but seriously. ps...I am so excited that you finally decided to post again, and also that your car was not broken into AGAIN!
#1 it was a retreat for the institute commitee
#2 I do not go to institute because i do not have time
#3 thank you for your excitement about my car
#4 I love you
Post a Comment