Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm in love!

With my Bosch compact kitchen mixer! While I was in Utah I happened upon this store in Orem that sells Bosch kitchen equipment. I decided to go in and have a look. I have been aching for a mixer for a while now, and knew I wanted a Bosch- not to be snotty- but they are sooo much better than a Kitchen-Aid. I had bid on a few Bosch's on eBay but to no avail. SO...I found the perfect mixer- exactly what I wanted- still a little too pricey for me, so I did what every person should do who is making a large purchase. I walked right out of the store and called my mom. Should I buy it? Should I wait till I am married and can register for it? Etc etc. But at that point I had convinced myself that I was going to buy a mixer dammit! Why should I have to wait till I am married- I want it NOW! Then I went back to Erin's house where I was staying, and went online. I had remembered this website that I had come across in the past, and thought I would just check it out and see what their prices were. And then I bought one! I found it for so much cheaper than that store had it, plus free extra attachments, plus free FedEx shipping! Yipeee!!! I was beside myself with excitment. Then I got it in the mail isn't she a beauty?



Also I used her for the first ime this morning to make an lemon meringue pie for a friend's birthday celebration tonight. It was so easy!! I have made everything by hand before- pie crust, cookies, rolls- they are a pain in the butt to do by hand let me tell you. This machine made my life so easy! And look how the pie turned out! Gorgeous!


I can't wait to eat it....

I realize that by posting this, I am setting myself up for all kinds of sarcastic remarks about my social life, or lack thereof, my love of domesticity, and bladidadida. But I don't care. I chuckled with glee when my pie crust was mixed in 2 minutes- I giggled with delight when my meringue fluffed up into perfect peaks. I am ok with my dorkiness! And I am happy to admit- even shout from the rooftops, that I am indeed in love with my Bosch Compact Kitchen Mixer!!!!

6 comments:

Erin said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! and I am drooling right now at the sight of my favorite desseret on the planet Earth...LEMON PIE, and that meringue looks devine. Next time you come to utah will you please bring the love pf your life...the Bosch Compact Kitchen Mixer?

Bone Junior said...

My, what a fancy new mixer you have! As per our discussion earlier, I vote for the name Beckham. Or Becks, for short. Because both Beckham and your mixer are hot, and they both have girly voices. When you come to Utah, I will glady accept a lemon meringue pie and maybe Beckham can hang out with Fabio, Miguel, and Antonio.

em said...

G! I have the same mixer!! I also am in love with it...until I try to pour stuff in through the little hole in the lid. I gave up on the lid the 2nd time I used it, but oh well. The Hub found it somewhere online for me last year...and it is one of the few appliances that actually stays out on our counter (the other is the Magic Bullet...which truly is Magic. Believe the infomercials, but buy it at Kohl's when it goes on sale!). LOVE YOU.

barb said...

awesome. i love that you are so domestic. it reminds me of me... or at least how i'd like to be. i guess i am a second class citizen with my kitchen aid...

kunkybrewster said...

Hooray for pie!!! Best Birthday ever!

mY dEwDrOpS said...

dont be embarrassed or ashamed of a bosch. they are the best and you should be damn proud! i love mine!! i didnt know you were in the market. my mom is a bosch sales representitive and it's called "oh my bosch" go to her site if you're interested in ordering any fun things for it. it's www.krconnect.com and the access code is ohmy.