So it's June 23rd and my birthday was almost a whole month ago. But I just now got the pictures from my friend who had them on her camera. My birthday is in the same week as my good friend, roommate and more importantly fellow redhead Jenn. So we had a bbq with all of our friends to celebrate them both. Since moving to Sacramento, I have become aquainted with a certain family who has a certain birthday tradition. I have no idea where this tradtition came from- or why they continue to do it....actually I completely understand, but being on the receiving end is not quite as funny as the throwing end. What they do is wrap you up in duck tape, sticky side out and fling candy at you to see how much they can get to stick to the tape. It sure is fun when you are throwing the candy- but when they use nowandlaters and jawbreakers- not so fun. Those things hurt! Usually there is only one person who is celebrating a birthday- so they get tied up by themself. For example- our friend Alan on his birthday. He got it especially bad with a sticky tape hat as well. Notice his strategically placed hands. Smart boy.

But because Jenn and I were celebrating together, they tied us together.




So since this was the weekend before my birthday I also got my own little celebration on the actual day. We went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner with friends- very low key and not involving any flying hard candy. That's my kind of party.
John me and Josh

Jenn and Des

Alan and Mercedes

Me and Jenn after dinner

Me in my birthday bling

This is the longest post ever. But I also wanted add pictures from the Rivercats baseball game that we went to during the same week. Notice how there are no pictures of the actual game. I couldn't have cared less about the Rivercats- but Des and I sure had fun cheesing for the camera!


This concludes my vacation fun posts.
4 comments:
ooooo, i like the candy flinging idea, that sounds like fun! however, slightly sticky. also you look hot!
i love the candy throwing idea! it looks hilarious! i'm sure with my family someone would get hurt, but i think it'd be worth it for sure! k, so i saw on bone jr's blog that my favorite little redhead got a fulfillment of her canteen! details! and pictures of the lucky guy please! :) congrats!
hey, you're cute
yeah erin- i thought the sticky tape would freak you out. i had to have someone pull my hair back in a pony tail for me because it was getting wrapped in the tape- NOT OK! KT- he's the one in the picture of me in between 2 guys at dinner- Josh :)
Post a Comment