Friday, November 09, 2007

Old Friends

Last weekend I got to go to San Fran and see some old friends from Utah! It was so fun to see Liz and Mike's new(ish) baby Owen. He is adorable- such a good baby- smiley and cuddley- yum! Liz Baker met us for dinner and hilarity ensued. It was great to see them again and relive the "glory days" in Provo. We did some great shopping, ate some great food and enjoyed each other's company. There is nothing like seeing old friends again! It's funny how after years of not seeing someone, you expect them to be different- but really we are all just the same people that we have always been- just a little bit older and with a few more experiences under our belts, and of course the additions of babies and husbands and such. Seeing them again felt like a time warp back to Provo, we spoke in the same funny voices that we spoke to each other in 3 years ago- the same jokes popped up- and our favorite stories were told again. It's like a routine that you forgot you had- and yet you fall back so easily into it. It's incredible how you can forget that you even speak that language anymore and yet it comes right back to you like you have been speaking it all along. And then you say goodbye and go back to your normal life routine. Sometimes it's sad and sometimes it's a relief. But either way, it's an interesting phemomenon. Maybe I am just rambling on. I didn't mean to get all deep- just something that I have been thinking about. It was fun seeing you guys- love you!





7 comments:

Brit said...

Hi, I'm one of Barbie's friends. Just clicking through and did I just see Liz Kontak???!! Oh my gosh! She was in my ward back in high school! How crazy is that! Tell her I said hi!

Erin said...

So fun! I love seeing old friends... I wish i got to do so more often. Liz and Liz look exactly the same.

PS. it was fun to talk to you on the phone the other day.

Josh and Gloriana said...

brit- that is indeed Liz Kontak- now Liz Roth- and that is her husband Mike and her baby Owen in those pictures. I think I knew that you know Liz Kontak- Barbie saw a picture of your parents at Julianne Hamilton's wedding that I went to. I lived with both of those girls in Provo. Liz's blog is the Adventures in Owensitting link on my blog- you should tell her hi yourself :) !

andi said...

Oh my gosh, it looks like you had so much fun. Wish I could have been there (if I was invited of course :) I can hear the voice in my head- hilarious! Miss you!

Owen's Mommy said...

Thanks for posting those pictures! It was SOOOO good to see our favorite third wheel again. Now I have to ask when you said "sometimes it is sad to say good bye, and sometimes a relief"...was I the 'sad', and other liz the 'releif'??? ;) Can't wait to get our wedding announcment!!

Josh and Gloriana said...

Owen's mommy- no one in this post was a relief to leave ;) but i have had experiences like that with other people. oh gosh- i hope people reading this post didn't wonder about that too- that is not really what i meant by it!

thebakerbook said...

Wait a minute Lizard... why do i have to be the relief. I was def. the sad.