

Pretty darn good looking huh!! I am pretty proud of myself considering it was my first solo try. I got rave reviews from a little old lady at church who told me that "she had lived a lot longer than I had, and she thought it was the best apple pie she had EVER had". Now THAT'S impressive. If my pie got the cute little old lady stamp of approval it's gotta be pretty good right? I thought so! So now I am pie obsessed. I want to try all kinds of things. You give me an excuse - I'll bake a pie. It makes me feel all nurturing and warms the cockles of my heart. Now I just wish I had people to bake for! All of my friends (including myself) are on diets- baking people pies wouldn't really give me any points when people are trying to be good- and I certainly can't eat it all by myself. Sigh....pie dilemma.

14 comments:
WHOA! I am so impressed! I think I would pay good money to eat that right now!
Today Dave is exactly 16 months old. Ummm, this is kind of embarrassing, but could you send him a pie? Thanks. Have a great summer, see ya next year.
if that pie went up for auction at a pie auction that i was attending, i would bid until i won it. it looks tasty and also wonderful. and also like the most delicious pie EVA. congrats on your first try!!
and if your baking habit becomes uncontrollable, i know a pregger lady who would love to receive pies in the mail... :)
If that pie was on display at a museum, I would break through the protective glass, and laser beams be damned, that pie would be mine. I would probably eat the whole thing in one sitting. The only pie I've ever made was a chocolate chip cheescake pie. It weighed about seven pounds. But I didn't have any decorative flaky pie crust on top. So you win, alright? Sheesh.
i want chocolate chip cheescake pie- who comments about that when they know the person they are writing to is on a NO-SUGAR DIET. Thanks sash- thanks a bunch
Also- if I only knew how to mail a pie so that it arrived in one piece- i would send it to my favorite pregger lady or to my favorite 16 month old. Unfortunately i have a feeling it would arrive in one mushy mass and that's never fun.
wow! those look so tasty and wonderful. just like mom makes 'em, and now just like g makes 'em. I wish I could have been there to taste them. You should make a lemon pie...those are my favorite. if i were there i would totally eat the whole thing.
If those pies were on a mountain on an island in the middle of a shark and deadly stingray infested sea, i would swim across and climb the mountain and eat them. schmoopy those pies looks sooo tastay! i wish i was there to eat them!!! i'm so excited to see you and murph at christmas!! maybe you can make some sweet pies then!!
so- where are the pictures of you eating the pie??
Those are two mighty fine lookin' pies.
11 comments! is that a record for you g?
is that a jibe at the normal interestingness of my blog? I think it is a record- sadly enough- it was about food- the most exciting thing going on in my life right now is that i made pie...
no- i wasn't jabbing or jibing. or whatever. i love you. i never think you are boring. i'm just happy that people are commenting more now- that's it. 'cept i think people are commenting more on everyone else's blog and less on mine:(. i can take one for the team. it's ok. 13 now- i think you're currently ahead of erin's last post. (i'm making it a competition- can you tell??)
BTW- you should be recieving a special something in the mail soon!! hoorah!!
That pie STILL looks good today.
Post a Comment