Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Reasons I Love California: Part Two

Now I knew coming to California that it was going to be beautiful. I knew it was warmer all throughout the year than any place I have lived thus far. I have visited a few times and have loved the palm trees and the sunny days. But I never realized just how amazing it is to be driving with your windows down, wearing flip flops and a tee shirt in February. It really blows my mind. Really. I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around this concept- because - well it's not supposed to be warm in FEBRUARY! So it's taken me a little while to get used to the fact- ok I take that back. I am not used to it. I talk about it all the time. I am constantly saying- "Can you believe this weather!" Or calling my family and friends that live in colder climates and bragging about the weather. They usually tell me so Shut UP. So I thought I would blog about it- because really there is nothing left to do. I have told every one how I feel about it already. I might as well put it out there in the blogosphere. Here are some picture of the trees in my apartment complex that I took a week an a half ago- FLowering trees in February. Look at that blue sky!
It is a crime that I have to work during the most beautiful part of the day- and I make it known just how unhappy I am so be there. I make jokes about just driving past the building and ditching work to enjoy the weather. They are only semi jokes- some day I might really do it. So this is reason #2 that I Looooooooooove California.

3 comments:

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Those trees are so pretty! I can't wait till its spring here and everything starts to turn green again and the trees start to bloom.

andi said...

I swear I'm skipping work to merely STAND outside in the beautiful weather, too. It just feels wrong to be inside!