Friday, September 14, 2007

Glorious Glorious!

The Reply:

"Actually I am not surprised you don't remeber me very well, I have not seen you much in the last seven years.

We were in the same ward freshman year at BYU. Well, that is if you are the Gloriana Smith I am thinking of, which is highly likely.

My name is John (last name ommitted to protect the innocent), and I had a song I would sing about you. It went "glorious, glorious Gloriana, song that we've sung since we knew what to sing" or something like that.

If this has not wrung any bells, I might be able to think of a few more things, but that song hopefully will stir your mind. Of course I think I have heard it more than you, since only some of the time were you present when I sang it."



....ahh the memories!

10 comments:

Erin said...

I think I peed a little when I read that last line...."since only some of the time were you present when I sang it".

so now what? what are you going to do?

Josh and Gloriana said...

I know! I can just picture him sitting in his dorm room, rocking back and forth while muttering "glorious glorious...." hhahahahhahha! I don't know what I am going to do. I really have no idea how to repsond to his email- plus I have a feeling he's one of those people that email you incessantly once you give into the initial reply. Any ideas??

andi said...

This is SO bizzarro!!! He sounds so lucid! His writing comes out much clearer and lucid than any verbal conversation any of us ever had with him! I'm surprised he didn't tell you about his favorite temple and where it is located.

Erin said...

yeah, I was thinking the same thing as andi...but I couldn't think of a nice word like "lucid" to use instead of what I was thinking. and G, i think you're right about what kind of emailer he would be. I would send him one more email, then after that if you don't feel like continueing the relationship...email relationships are easy to end...you just don't email them back. But i want to know more!

MG said...

He might have thought it was funny seven years ago, but if now, seven years later, he's not embarrassed by it, I'd say something's wrong with him. I vote don't add him. That's just weird.

But it is funny, if not a little disconcerting, that that's what he wrote.

barb said...

yeah- the fact that he was singing it about you when you weren't there frightens me a little. i had no idea...

g said...

yeah i agree- it is a tad disconcerting. i have not added him as a friend- i just replied to his email asking how life was going. I also told him that i remembered the song and that my friends still sing it to me. no reply yet.

RunnerGirl20 said...

Too funny.

When you ponder further communication with him I would recommend picturing him twisting that wire hanger in his hands. That oughta help you decide what to do.

em said...

I totally missed out on the guessing game, so sorry I'm late to the party :) His myspace page creeps me out...are you sure that's him?? He's got some wacko friends...DON'T ADD HIM! Especially if you live in the same state. Or maybe I didn't get to the right profile...whoever that is has weird friends.

amy said...

i think it is important to mention that my sister-in-law was roommates with his sister her freshman year. the worlds are all colliding right now. i think i better get away from the computer.